Red Sky is a team of talented web developers, designers and digital marketing specialists who push the limits of what websites can do. Definitely not your typical agency – our focus is on building websites and web applications that solve real business problems.
Located on the water above the Bedford Basin Market, Red Sky offers a comfortable, relaxed, collaborative working environment. As a member of our team you will have the opportunity to work on all aspects of projects that interest you. Your personal and professional satisfaction are important, and our flat organizational structure means that everyone is involved in all aspects of a project – from sales, design, development and support.
We are looking for a Drupal Developer responsible for front-end development and theming. This position requires a combination of programming skills (PHP, HTML, CSS, JS, SASS) and aesthetics (understanding element arrangements on the screen, the color and font choices, and so on). The best candidates have a strong understanding of industry trends and content management systems. Experience with responsive and adaptive design is essential. In addition, an understanding of the entire web development process, including design, development and deployment, with some back-end knowledge, is preferred.
Responsible for helping formulate an effective, responsive design and turning it into a working theme. Work closely with back-end developers and customers to ensure an effective, visually appealing, and intuitive implementation.
Skills and Qualifications
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate at least 2 years’ experience with:
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Extremely fluent with HTML5/XHTML and CSS
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc
- Ability to understand CSS changes to have consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Understanding of WCAG standards